Are you stressed regarding your professional resume? Here are five things you need to know prior to employing a resume writing service.
If you’re just making changes to your resume or making an entirely new resume, writing a resume is a stressful job. That’s why many job seekers turn to hire an expert resume writer.
As the creator of several resume writing services and has worked in the recruiting industry for over 20 years, one of the questions I get asked every time is: what are some disadvantages of hiring an experienced Resume writer?
There are five less-known facts you need to know before you use an online resume writing service:
1. The process might take longer than you would like.
It’s normal to believe that if you pay the money to hire a resume writing service to handle all the heavy lifting, everything will be completed in a flash. But writing a professional resume takes time, particularly with thousands of people seeking jobs in the present.
A lot of resume writers need approximately a week or more depending on the factors that determine how much revisions are required and their bandwidth as well as the degree of experience you have attained. In some ways hiring an online resume, service is actually indicating that you’re placing more emphasis on quality than speed and you should keep this in mind when application deadlines are in the near future.
2. The writers don’t always have the same qualifications as you believe.
Many companies offer incredibly low rates, but they only do this to maintain an efficient business model. This is typically an indication of red flags. In most cases, the low cost indicates that you’re dealing with an inexperienced writer who’s willing to get paid less. (Believe that or not, some businesses employ a fresh graduate straight out of college. )
Services usually cost between $100-$400, based on the level of sophistication your resume must be. Another error to avoid is “$25 resume and a 24-hour turnaround time.” The job of the writer is to craft a captivating document that’s more than an account of your professional experience and, if they’re spending more than two days working on your resume, you can expect to receive something bad.
To ensure you don’t get an inexperienced writer, make your research about the service. It also is helpful to contact the service to request samples and ensure that the writer has received some kind of formal instruction in resume writing, particularly within your industry.
3. The process isn’t as simple as you might think
A popular misconception about resume writing companies is that they take care of all the work. But the truth is that they won’t begin working with your resume until after you’ve completed a comprehensive form that outlines every detail necessary regarding your professional history as well as your professional skills and accomplishments.
Also, prepare to engage in lots of back-and-forth communication with your writer over the phone or via email. And remember that you’ll need to give them feedback after they’ve sent the initial version. It may be a couple of rounds before you reach the final version.
4. It is possible to be deceived when you don’t understand the small print
Most services offer some form of guarantees, such as double your interview and unlimited revisions or the opportunity to get a full refund in case you’re not satisfied with the results. While these claims may seem reassuring, you need to be aware of the fine print as these assurances are usually not so impressive as they appear.
For instance, the term “interview guarantee” usually means that you’ll have the chance to revise your resume but not necessarily that you’ll be invited to an interview regardless of what. But, if the business had a bad time writing your resume the first time around, chances are that it will not be improved the second time around. Similar to a promise of “unlimited revisions” are often unenforceable after a specific date has been set.
5. Most likely, you don’t require one.
The hiring of professional resume service isn’t the ideal option for all applicants. It all depends on your experience and what you’re trying to find. If you’re not sure, think about these questions:
- Are you ready to get the job you’re looking to take up? A resume writer isn’t an expert in the art of arranging a resume — it’s impossible for them to make you stand out if aren’t a professional at all.
- Are you seeking an increase or a promotion? Hiring a professional writer is a great idea for those looking for greater pay, more responsibilities, and a more prestigious rank. There’s a lot of competition in the market it’s important for the resume you submit to be noticed. You should also take advantage of every assistance you can receive.
- Do you earn more than $40,000 annually? It’s important to be aware of where you’re placing your money and if it’s a wise financial choice. If you’re just graduating and you’re applying for an entry-level position, you probably don’t have the most experience to fill your resume. And that’s fine.
- Are you a good writer? Writing resumes are, in its most basic form, a lot of writing. It doesn’t require you to be a gifted or a skilled writer. However, if aren’t confident in your abilities, particularly when it comes down to expressing your abilities you should consider having someone else write the resume for you.
Upload your resume here for a detailed review
Optimized Resume has been awarded as the best resume writing service in the below areas
- Chattanooga resume writing service
- Resume Victoria BC
- Resume writers in Fort Wayne
- Resume writers Wichita KS
- Resume writing services Kitchener waterloo
- Resume writing services Halifax
- All resume services Australia
- Professional resume writers in New Haven CT
- Professional resume writers Knoxville TN
- Resume service Lubbock TX
- Resume writing services Newcastle NSW
- Resume writers buffalo NY
- Resume writing services buffalo NY
- Buffalo resume services
- Professional resume service Knoxville TN